Saturday, April 10, 2010

Time out from Werk!



Just last week I was in India to Bangalore on business trip. Work work just from Monday to Thursday. Since Friday was a holiday I decided to head to Chennai to meet my friends whom I have known when I was in Chennai doing my Cisco certifications. To tell the truth I was feeling like I was in a rut, going to work week in week out and the same old thing followed. I needed a break and Chennai certainly provided it. I needed a change in mood.
The weather was definitely difference. It was burning hot during the days, I had experienced I before but then it still feels surprising how cruel god is to Chennai people. But the people are one of the most nicest people I have come across in all my traveling. Compared to Bangalore and Chennai, the Chennai people are more nice, to visitors and less likely that you will be cheated (except for the auto drivers :P).

During this trip I also managed to finally meet up with Shalini, a blogging friend whom, the only times I have seen her was once during indiblogger, blogger's meet and once by coincidence at spenders. I am thankful that she actually made time to meet me along with her other friends. I now have 4 more friends to visit when I come to Chennai the next time.


The time of my trip was also good since another friend of mine, Imran, who was currently studying in the UK came back to Chennai for the Easter holidays. That made way for a big gathering at “skywalk” the new shopping mall in Chennai. We took that chance to update each other on the troubles we have got into during the time we were away.

For the first time in a long time I was not troubled by work, and deadlines. And lucky enough I also didn't received calls from work. It seemed like everyone knew I was having a holiday and they probably should not be calling me.

This trip was one I didn't go sight seeing at all, just meeting friends and it felt much better than a tour trip.

I will be going on another trip soon, this Wednesday to be exact, that to Langkawi, Malaysia. That will be a trip with my colleagues and a mini getaway. I urge my readers, to take little breaks from their daily routine, it helps to focus and get the groove back.

4 comments:

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Thats a very spontaneous post :)
//Compared to Bangalore and Chennai, the Chennai people are more nice, to visitors and less likely that you will be cheated (except for the auto drivers :P).//

I like these lines :D Thank you for the compliment abt Chennaites!

Raghavan alias Saravanan M said...

Hi Vasanthan,

Its been sometime I had visited your blog!

It was a good post to read! especially the following lines,

//During this trip I also managed to finally meet up with Shalini, a blogging friend whom, the only times I have seen her was once during indiblogger, blogger's meet and once by coincidence at spenders. I am thankful that she actually made time to meet me along with her other friends. I now have 4 more friends to visit when I come to Chennai the next time. //

which denotes

1. the interest in meeting the friends
2. the trust they have on each other after certain amount of interactions
3. the respect of your interest in meeting

I feel happy for you and all your friends. I am also used to meet so many friends who were not yet seen till then, during my regular visits to Chennai :)

Raghavan alias Saravanan M said...

I do agree with your feelings with respect to Chennai-tes Vs Bangalore-ans.

Compared to Chennai, the autowalas in Bangalore are little better!:) Not just in chennai, entire TamilNadu is famous for looting money in terms of Auto! No escape!

Likewise, it differs. There had been few chennai-ates with whom I had bitter experiences :(

Overall, it does matter with the individuals and their rigid beliefs than the region where they live in. Aint I? :)

Wish you many such more trips on weekends!

Asha said...

I urge my readers, to take little breaks from their daily routine, it helps to focus and get the groove back

Very wise words indeed, Vasanthan. I keep telling these words to all the people around me. There is no point in running like a well-oiled machine. we have to take breaks from our routine.

Though i beg to differ on your words about the people of chennai and bangalore. Any ways, you must have written those lines from your experience. I think people of each region have their own harms and charms and it can't be genaralized. having said that let me tell you i was born in madras and brought up in bangalore and i love both the cities and its people.

Waiting for your langkawi post.