Friday, April 4, 2008

Chennai , here i come !!!

To my friends in India, my trip to Chennai has been finalized! If everything goes smoothly I would smell Chennai on the 1st of May. I cannot describe how excited I am to see Chennai.

This is my plan; I will spend the first week of May in Pondicherry or Sirkazhi where my uncles are. After which I will be in Chennai staying in a hotel for a week while I search for a suitable accommodation. I don’t have a awful lot of money to spent thus, I have to select the cheapest and best that suits my budget.

After which my CCNA course starts on 15th of May followed by CCNP. The institution is in mount road. I hope there is plenty to see and experience.

Special thanks to my blog friend Shalini for making this planning smoother by giving me lots of advice.

Since many of you bloggers from Chennai would have a frequent internet service. Could you guys suggest the best service?

Currently I am considering the Airtel unlimited surf plan, the one that uses the data-card and EDGE and EGPRS for internet connectivity. Do they have the plan in prepaid?

So far:

Flight to Chennai -Check

Indian visa – Check

Bank account – Check

Course enrollment – more or less done deal

Internet – Pending

Accom in Chennai – Pending

(I have helped many of my student friends get accommodation in Brisbane; I hope karma works well for me)

6 comments:

my life.... said...

Hope Chennai be a fruitful trip hough i never been there ...

Vasanthan said...

@my life....: thanks for your wishes. and thanks for reading. i will post my experience here.

m.flowerr said...

welcome back........

Vasanthan said...

@M.flowerr: thanks for the wishes !

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

I'm sure you would have a wonderful time here. Lots awaiting for you here. Any more info you would like to know pls feel free..

Airtel data card is a good option. I have opted for that as well. Within city limits its quite good but when i move to my hostel which is quite far from the city, the connection is kinda low.

Vasanthan said...

@shalini : thanks a lot for your help. i owe u lots!