Sunday, April 13, 2008

Graduation!




This week is a memorable week for me. Because I officially graduated and collected my certificate form the chief chancellor. Although I finished my degree last year, I had opted for my graduation ceremony to be held in Singapore where many of my relatives can attend.

Some of my friends did their ceremony in Australia, but to me it is more meaningful as my parents, grandmother and uncles and aunties can attend it in Singapore.

My educational path was not a smooth one. I was not the brightest boy in class. During my primary school days I was not staying with my parents, I was under my grandmother’s care and my uncles and aunts were the ones who supervised. I went to school just to meet my friends and play. I knew what was happening in class and I understood everything but didn’t apply. Somehow I would scrape through everything. When I was in primary four my parents took over, but still no improvement. I never tasted failure cos I would do just enough to clear.

I ran out of luck and I didn’t do well in my O’ levels, not enough to proceed to any course in polytechnic. That was the wake up call. My aunt called me up and gave me a good lecture so did my, but my parents didn’t scold me at all; all they said was “learn from your mistake and bounce back!”

I didn’t’ give up I went back to school and I repeated my O’levels with my juniors. Embarrassing….But I channeled my embarrassment into motivation to do well. My relatives have been the best support. I did well in my O’Levels and easily entered my dream course “ diploma in Information Technology”, then with the results I got accepted into Queensland university of technology to pursue my bachelor of IT.


Now I am a graduate. It would not have been possible if not for these guys.

With dedication nothing is impossible!

More pictures here! and more to be added

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congulates for getting your degree... all the best for india...


Love
Simha

Vasanthan said...

@Simha: thanks for finally reading my blog and for your wishes.

busy-writer said...

hmm, determination and motivation, exactly what i need right now! honest nice post..congratulations on getting the degree! :)

cheers!

Vasanthan said...

@ thanks for your comment that i am honest. i am trying very hard to be.

m.flowerr said...

Congrats.......not seen on my blog...

my life.... said...

hey Vasanthan... Ur educational path sounds similar to mine... I also tasted my failure in my A levels and i repeated my JC and subsequently graduated from NUS... Its good to know that you didn t give up and pursued yr studies with confidence... Afterall failure is part of life, isn t?

my life.... said...

hey Vasanthan... Ur educational path sounds similar to mine... I also tasted my failure in my A levels and i repeated my JC and subsequently graduated from NUS... Its good to know that you didn t give up and pursued yr studies with confidence... Afterall failure is part of life, isn t?

Vasanthan said...

@my life: you are very right man. failure is a very important part in life. it gives value to the victory afterwards and gives the best satisfaction.

Vasanthan said...

@m.flower: thanks for reading and tanks for your wishes

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Wow..Congrats on the graduation :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Congrats!! Feels great to see the graduation pic even more after reading the post.. Its not great to have never faced failure.. its great when you make it successful after facing failure overcoming all the difficulties.. You've done it !! :)

Vasanthan said...

@Ponnarasi Kothandaraman : thank you so much for your wishes.

@shalini:Yes, i am more happy that i gave my grandmother this proud moment. the best present that day was not the cert. it was the proud faces, my family's