Sunday, October 5, 2008

A child’s mind

My favorite hobby is to just watch kids. I have quite fair share of babysitting experiences . Although I found it quite a mouthful, I never complained. I have spent more money on kids when I am babysitting then on a lousy date. If you watch closely, kids aren’t afraid to try new things; generally they don’t bother what others might say when they attempt something. Through experimenting they learn the hardest skills at their level, walking, talking ect.
My favorite hobby is to just watch kids play, watch the innocence in their faces and how they played. Quite recently I went to city center (in Chennai) with my friends; the food court was situated just next to the children’s play area. I immediately grabbed a seat closed to the play area and as I sipped on my kiwi juice I was fully entertained by the kids. I find it more entertaining than “Kuruvi” movie. Kids there were learning how to take turns, share and to be considerate to others.
It was amazing how much children were learning each day, as we grow older we have to admit that we are learning lesser stuff. Or at least the pace of our learning has slowed down. Studies show that an average human being only utilizes 10% of his brain. And Albert Einstein use 50% of his. I am pretty sure much of the 10% was achieved in our early years when were kids.
Sadly we life in a society in which not all kids get the same amount of privileges. As I walked out of city centre I was greeted by sight of kids who were living in the slums nearby. Such difference from happy kids in the play ground to kids who had to work, beg for food. Just minutes ago I was entertained by kids in the play area, now I was saddened by the living conditions of these kids.
With so much years of civilization behind us, we are still not able to safely say that every human kid on earth will have food to eat and a decent education.

2 comments:

sansmerci said...

theres nothin like being amngst kids.. rich or poor.. they r so much fun to b with .. thts wen u realise true happiness

Vasanthan said...

sansmerci: time flys when we spent time with kids.