Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Liver, The bad informer.

I just learnt that my grandmother has cancer, one who is staying in India. Doctors have informed us that she has cancer in her liver. Due to her old age she will not be strong to take any more surgeries, thus there is no more treatment for her. Just 6 months ago when I came to visit her, she was her healthy self, doing her daily chores herself and never expecting anyone to do anything for her. As we closed near to 2009 she health took a plummet and now she isn’t walking and the only thing she eats is liquid food, even that too.
Throughout my life this is the longest time I am in the same country as my paternal grandmother. 6 months. Although they existed circumstances kept us apart. And because of that the memories I have of my grandmother would be the time her health deteriorated. We found the cancer at a very late stage, it is told that is very little symptoms for liver cancer, and its symptoms are also the same symptoms for common illnesses. That’s why it was never found out earlier. Doctors have told she does not have a lot of time. The liver is a bad informer when it is not doing well, and it just stops function when it is unwell. The only way one can check is through CT scans and a biopsy to confirm it. A CT scan and a biopsy aren’t standard “Medical Checkup” stations right?
Living all alone in Chennai and doing my courses. I have an exam coming and I can’t find the concentration to study, cos every time my phone rings I get all shivers that it is the news I don’t want to hear. I saw myself loggin into facebook, Friendster, and more often and staring at friends’ profiles, commenting playing games, everything but to study. Tomorrow would be the first exam out of 5 required for my CCVP certification.
God save my grandmother, God safe my brother who is having his all important, o’level public examination and God safe my CCVP Exams.
After writing this post I somehow felt a spark to study, cos that exam does cost 150 US dollars. I will cya later guys, while I make a flame out of this spark.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

all the best for ur exams .... god bless ur grandma ....

sansmerci said...

good luck for everything.. i did one of ur tags.. did u chek it...

Vasanthan said...

@Prithivi: thanks as for the exams i cleared it will a pass.

@arron: but my grandmother is in india.

@ sansmerci: thanks for the wish i will look at the tag.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Oh.. don worry.. You concentrate on doing your exams well.

God bless you all !

my life.... said...

I am so sorry to hear abt yr grandma's condition... Be strong and pray for her. I agree with u that liver starts showing symptoms only when it is later stage. And yeah, O levels just ended :) So yr brother can have more time for himself...

Lena said...

God bless your grandmother, hope everything will be ok.. :)

Arvind Gawade said...

Hey man, God gives life and takes life also. He is fair and just. May God shower his strength and blessing on your grandma and your family.

All e best for your CVVP.