Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tsunami Houses

As many of my readers would have known that I have spent much of2008 in India to finish my Cisco certifications in CCNA and CCVP. Having lived there for so long also gave me the opportunity to visit my relatives.
My relatives live near the coastal which was hit by the Tsunami. I took this opportunity to so look at the tsunami hit areas and what is being done for the victims. I was surprised to see how much the Indian government was doing to aid the community that live close to the sea.
The tsunami might have hit the world in 2004, and still 4 years on tsunami houses are being built. All the financial aid that India received is being transformed into housing with proper sanitation facilities, water supply, Disaster Shelters, even a building to provide free medical care.. I took some pictures to show my readers and potentially the world that the money they donated has been put into good use.

This street which holds all the Tsunami Houses is called the "Tsunami Street", Many generations later they will not forget the impact of the tsunami.

Below are pictures i took to show you guys.

The tsunami houses


This is the Information Center, Should there be a tsunami threat, this center will inform the public.

Medical Center where immunizations will be provided.


The Multipurpose disaster shelter.


The tsunami street

2 comments:

Arvind Gawade said...

Nice shots, they have managed to rebuilt very fast man.

Btw, what camera did you use to take the photos? Is it our HTC touch phone?

Vasanthan said...

@arvind: definitely notthe HTC. i used a fujiflim j150, 10mega. quite good on outdoor shots.

the building haven't stopped. its still on going.