Thursday, July 24, 2008

My silver jubilee



I was my 25th birthday yesterday, this is the second time in a row I am not celebrating my birthday with my family. Year was in Brisbane, and this year in Chennai. I would like to thank all my friends who appreciated my invitation to celebrate my birthday with me at Casa Piccola. Although I sent a lot of invitations due to circumstances only 6 did show up, but nonetheless the day was one of the best birthdays I had cos. everything went on as planned.
Birthday started at 10.30 Indian-time when it was midnight in Singapore. My buddy Rafeek surprised me with a call and wished me. I didn’t know he remembered my birthday; it’s during these times that I understand how much my friends cherish my company and my existence.
Then it was Indian time 12 and my friends, relatives started calling and wished me. I must say this birthday was the one I felt like a movie star cos, my phone kept on ringing from calls from Australia, Singapore and India.
My day began with a trip to the temple as per my mother’s wishes. Every year with or without me around my mother would visit a Vinayak Temple and pray for me. This year I made it a point to pray for her instead.
In the afternoon, I booked movie tickets for myself and 3 other friends to watch “Subramaniyapuram”. It had nice avant garde storyline with little of the customary Indian movie style which I liked. If u haven watched it yet, just catch it in the cinemas before it’s gone.
After the movie I still had time to kill before my dinner treat in the evening so, I gathered some more people who are” vetti “at that time to go play pool at Anna Nagar. Due to my birthday luck I had made some spectacular shots on the table, the balls just went in against my initial plan.
At 6 all who had promised to come showed up at Casa Piccola, a restaurant that served decent Italian cuisine Nungambakkam, Chennai. I had picked the restaurant because of its pleasant ambiance. It had 2 floors. Level one with a standard restaurant look, and the open top floor was open roof with weak lighting, which made the ambiance perfect. We had our Italian dinner on the first floor and went upstairs for the cake cutting and trash-talking. After 50% of my company had started yawning, we called it a day and headed home.
It turned out to be a perfect birthday and I couldn’t have wished for anything better, thanks to all who wished me and the ones who help make my day a best one.
It is from now on that I stop counting my birthdays.

6 comments:

Arvind Gawade said...

Hi Vasan,
Sounds like you had a blast buddy! Did you get my birthday SMS I sent you? Once you get back to SG we'll have a belated B'day celebration for you! Courtesty of me and Gayatri!

Vasanthan said...

Yeah i got your sms dude.

we don't need a reason to celebrate man. we just do it!!

Arvind Gawade said...

absolutely man, when you get back in late september after my reservist we'll have a camping trip to Ubin!Just like the old days in our Floorball team.

Lena said...

Happy belated birthday! :)
All the very best for you in your life :)

Vasanthan said...

@lena:Thanks for wishes Lena..

my life.... said...

happy birthday to u!