Sunday, June 1, 2008

Marina beach

Last week I went to Marina beach. I went there in the evening when the summer sun would not be so scorching. I was really surprised to see so many people there. The place was buzzing with mobile nuts stall and ginger coffee stalls and little toy stalls. In Singapore I have drank “Teh Aliah” which is milk tea with ginger. But coffee with ginger I have hot tried before. I am not a huge fan of coffee but this one was remarkably good. I loved the atmosphere and the coffee. One game stall that attracted me was the air gun shooting stalls. The balloons were so closely packed and the shooting distance was so short. How hard can it be to shoot a balloon? I guess they have to make provisions for the range of the air guns. But in any case I am sure it will entertain the kids.

As of now I have not been bargaining with the auto drivers. Whatever they ask I pay. How should I bargain? Reduce 10Rs? 20Rs? In Thailand 50% works but here I have no clue!

No comments: