Saturday, June 14, 2008

My good and bad luck – thank god, I am alive.

Since young I always taught that my death is on the roads. Today I went very close to that.
After our lesson at our institute my classmates and I decided to go to Spencer’s for dinner. We were 4 people and we had 2 bikes. So the plan was to go there by bike. All of us were not wearing helmets, I know it is a hazard but I didn’t make a big fuss about it.
Soon the bikes set off with me sitting in the back seat of one of the bikes. With one bike trailing another we set off to Spencer’s which was not to far away. As we approached Spencer’s there was a group of police rallied on the road catching road offenders. Having seen that the bike in front knew that he was not wearing a helmet and going is a prohibited speed. With little consideration for the bike behind the front rider made a quick deceleration. Caught by surprise my friend,bonny, did his level best to come to a quick stop but it was not enough.
As a result our bike skied out of control and throwing both of us backwards. Wearing a haversack with my laptop I was unable to roll and break the fall. I fell face first but used my arms and looked up to prevent any injury to my face. During my fall I somehow found the confidence that I will not be badly injured and tried my best to hamper my fall with my hands. With my face looking up my chin graze on the road.
Soon I came to a stop and got up by myself. My initial taught was about bonny, had a big scratch on his arm and knee. Soon the police rushed to the scene. Both bonny and the police man gave me a bloodshot stare. Suddenly I came to my senses that I was bleeding profusely from my chin. The police called for an auto and asked to be rushed to the nearest hospital. My head was spinning. All that was in my mind was bonny and how he was. He was not in the auto, he was coming in his bike. As I went to the hospital I was sent to the emergency ward.
My first question was, please give me a mirror I want to see if I have disfigured my face. Thankfully nothing on my face but an awfully big cut on the underside of my chin. It took a number of stitches and I was done. The scratches on my legs and arm were superficial. Just as I ws done with the stitches bonny showed up. He gave me an assurance that he was alright and that gave me a peace of mind, thankfully he was not badly injured.
Although this was a tragedy, I thank bonny for his presence of mind to do what was right and prevented, what could have been a far worst unthinkable tragedy. Thank fully for us there was no speeding vehicles behind us, if not we would have been on the news.
I know my mother does not read my blogs, and bro if u are reading this please keep it away from mom, dad and most importantly grandmother.
Just as I am finishing this post my Anastasia is running out and I the pain is kicking in please god give me the strength.

8 comments:

Wither Leaves said...

God! Hope u are ok now!Take care:)

astute87 said...

Good to know you are Alive lad.

Seen Dasavatharam? Rush to watch it man. God Awesome movie. BTW, did you get to play frisbee? If you want, I'll put you on to the frisbee group! They are nice chaps!

Vasanthan said...

@wither leaves:Thanks for your concern and well wishes. i am fine now.

@Astute87: as of now i am quite busy, when i am well and find some time i will let you know. i will defiantly catch dasavatharam, it is a MUST watch!

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

atleast u guys were saved smething worse! tc;)

Vasanthan said...

@gunj: Yeah you are right

பதிவுSpot said...

Your blog has been listed in Pathivuspot
And please tell me some more Taminglish Blogs to add this Taminglish aggregator. Thanks.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Im so sorry to hear this. Hope you are feeling much better now. Will pray that you recover soon and you gain all the strength to go through this. Take care!

Vasanthan said...

@Shalini Gowrisankar: thanks for your care and concern. good to have friends who care. makes me feel i am not alone in chennai. thanks once again.