Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Batman is back…

I managed to catch “The Dark Knight” at satyam today. Don’t worry guys no spoilers here, only promos. Initially I did not want to watch it because I didn’t like the previous installment of the movie, thinking that it would be boring just like the previous one I decided to give it a pass. But after reading Arvind’s post about the movie I decided to give it a chance. And I am glad I did. The action sequences in the movie were mind blowing.
I would compare it with a James bond movie. Christian bale should replace Daniel Craig as the next James bond. His acting was charismatic and he fit the role beautifully. I might even watch the movie again.
Truly the batman series have evolved, and being a kid who grew up watching batman on TV with the fight sequences described with “pow!” and “bang!” captions flashed on the screen, I can tell this move has done justice for the superhero I once idolized.
This movie brought back memories of me and my brother playing batman and robin when I was young. I was batman and he was Robin, my bed was the bat-mobile and all our toy guns were arranged on the bed. We were the dynamic duo for just 30 minutes, after which we will end up fighting over a toy and some furniture will break in the house. Mum will show up and take his side, since he is younger I should let him win and all those standard crap.
Readers: Please treat yourself to this movie and I assure you that you will not be disappointed. You might want to treat me to a fancy dinner, for making your watch it. I am waiting….

5 comments:

Lena said...

i never was into batman series, but since even i will have to watch this one :)
Though it is not released here yet :(

Vasanthan said...

@Lena:Please watch it, you will not regret.

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

aaah
too many recommendations!!
i think ill have to watch it nw!

lemon said...

i loved the tv series as a kid..but i think im the only person on earth who thinks that the dark knight was so- so.

Vasanthan said...

@gunj:yes, You have to watch it in the cinemas!

@Lemonade: Maybe your taste is different. Well there is still The Munny and Singh is King. Its gonna be a Mega Feast @ the cinemas for me.