Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Friendship Day

I would like to dedicate this poem to all my blogging friends. I read this poem when I was still in high school and thanks to another friend “Google” I found it. I am not a poet, nor am I good with words so I am using someone else’s poem to wish you guys “Happy friendship Day”

When trouble come your soul to try
You love the friend who just "stands by."
Perhaps there's nothing he can do-
The thing is strictly up to you;
For there are troubles all your own,
And paths the soul must tread alone;
Times when love cannot smooth the road
Nor friendship lift the heavy load,
Bust just to know you have a friend
Who will "stand by" until the end,
Whose sympathy through all endures,
Whose warm handclasp is always yours-
It helps, someday, to pull you through,
Although there's nothing he can do,
And so with fervent heart you cry,
"God bless the friend who just 'stands by' !"

B. Y. WILLIAMS
Dedicated specially to : Arvind, Anju , Bryan Xie , Gunj , Lena , Lemonade , Shalini , Ponnarasi Kothandaraman and many more readers.

9 comments:

Lena said...

thanks so much, Vasanthan! thats a very beautiful poem!


Happy Friendship Day to you !! :)

Vasanthan said...

@lena : thanks for reading.
Happy Friendship Day once again

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks brother. Thanks for dedicating this nice poem. I really appreciate it.

Anyway hope to see you soon in Singapore.

Arvind Gawade said...

vasan tks so so much brother..u've been and always will be one of my bestest friends. :)

Vasanthan said...

Bryan: Thanks bro, i will sure come check out your pet parrots, kiki and kermit when i am back.

Arvind: You are most welcome.Don't worry abt anything dude. u have my backing. Brothers for life.

lemon said...

aww that's so sweet..

happy belated friendship's day to u too :)

Vasanthan said...

@lemonade: Thanks for the wishes lemonade

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

hey pal!
sowwie im late but a happy frenship day to u:)

Vasanthan said...

@gunj: it doesn't matter if it is late.. the point is u wished me.. i thank you dearly for it.