Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fire! Fire ! Fire!

As you guys know that I have now moved to my friend’s apartment. the apartment that i am staying is like a student hostel with around 200 people staying.

Yesterday I was woken up by a strange alarm. It was so loud that I knew it was for the whole building. I went into my buddy’s groggily and asked him what it was. He replied with his eyes still closed that it was the fire alarm and went back to sleep. I took a peek downstairs from my window, but there was no one there. If there was a fire at least someone would have run downstairs. Within minutes the fire engine came. Feeling sleepy I went back to sleep even after the fire engine Later that day went I woke up I realized if it was a real fire I could have died!

Every apartment in that building are equipped with an internal smoke sensor, it will sound off if there was smoke. That one will only trigger the alarm in the apartment only. But there is another one in the corridors which will immediately trigger the fire alarm for the whole building and call the fire department automatically.

If the fire department was called in for a false alarm, it copes an $800 dollar fine. I guess someone just got a very expensive morning present that day!

5 comments:

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Thats bad!

I wanted to tag you for a post and then was not quite sure if u wud like to write the tag.. :)

Happy new yeaR!

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Thats very nice of u :)
You are tagged now..Updated post in my blog :D
And my fav song is being played here..hehehe

Vasanthan said...

@ Ponnarasi Kothandaraman :
i am glad that you like you like the same song as me. i would follow you tag in a few days when i get some time.

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

OMG! Hope all is fine ..

Vasanthan said...

@shalini: thanks for your concern. nothing happened.. i just went to sleep!