Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A new year and a new home.

On the 31st of December was the day my lease in my rented house ended in Australia. I had lived in the house for 10 months and I must say i am going to miss it. I am living away from my family and i was living independently with my 3 friends in this house. In this post I will describe my old house with pictures.
This is the front view of the house. “ Grande Terrace” is its name and my house is the first one of the five. The bottom floor is the garage which has been converted to a bedroom for my house mate. The 2nd floor is the kitchen and the living room. The third floor is where there are 3 bedrooms one with attached toilet and a balcony for itself. My room is the 3rd floor, extreme left on the picture and i share the balcony with one other housemate. (The balcony is linked to 2 rooms.) The house has 4 balconies, 2 on either side of the house.


This is the living room, where countless parties were held, most ending in people getting too tired to go home and in the end becoming their bedroom.









The kitchen which i did most of my scientific experiments in the name of cooking and my lab rats were my house mates, whom i made to test the food. i was always the last to eat the food that i have cooked. None of them noticed!





Me cooking chapathi for my house mates. See mom its round! unlike yours!


















This is the view of the girl next door. she moved in weeks after i did and still continue to live there. She like to wear black and have a party at her house on a Friday each month ,with the basement as the dance floor. Beer bottles filled up her 3 rubbish bins and she had to sneak some boxed full of them to my bin, thinking that i was not looking.





Finally my room. The place where i studied, watched movies, had friends over and pretty much some days where spent entirely in this room. although it was small it was a whole world to me.

Good bye house....

I will post the rest of the pictures, in my Picassa site and post the link for you guys to see all my pictures in Australia. Most of these pictures were taken after i have moved all my stuff and done a very intense cleaning.

8 comments:

astute87 said...

Sounds like a fun home...

How is your new place?

Vasanthan said...

My new home is an apartment in which i have to pay for my laundry, it is one of those that i have to put coins in.
well this is just for the month of January, i am going back to Singapore after that.

Then moving to India soon after.

i am kinda like a Gypsy!

my life.... said...

well nothing is permanent... thats weird that u have to insert coins to do yr laundry... Local universities ain t working in this way... i guess every uni has its own way of working out its system.

Vasanthan said...

my Life @ universities in Australia does not provide accommodation, they assist us in getting a place to stay but they don have anything to do with the facilities whatsoever.

it is a common case in backpacker accommodations and apartments to have a shared washing machine and dryers and they are all run using coins system!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

That was really nice to know how your old home looked , I especially liked the balcony. Hope you get to have a lot more fun in your new home :)

How did New year's day go ?

Thank you for the loads of info you have provided me about Singapore .I find them very useful :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

I have a couple of awards for you in my blog. Please come and collect it :)

Vasanthan said...

@shalini:
Thanks for the awards shalini!
the balcony is my favorite place in the house. sometime during the exam period i would setup a outdoor table and study in the balcony. its very conducive there.

Anonymous said...

hey.. yur new house look cool n big.. yur cookin looks perfect also hope it taste perfect also..
Hope u enjoy n have fun in yur new house..