Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My diving experience part 1 of 3.

I told you guys that I have just done my PADI open water diving licence . I was thinking I could describe my experience and encourage you guys to dive too. Rather than a very long post i have decided to put it into a 3 part

PADI diving licence, involves first day of theory, 2nd day in the swimming pool with basic skills on the water. Then we have to perform all these skills in open water, either in the river or in the sea. 2 dismount from shore and 2 from a boat.

For my last 2 parts of my diving licence I decided to do it in Stradbroke Island. I was teamed with

Susanna - a Chinese event planner from the UK,,

Cameron - a Spanish tour guide, who was in Australia to study English),

Brooke - her Boyfriend was a experienced diver who wanted her to learn diving, he accompanied her for the dive. Brooke was my assigned dive buddy.

Gavin - An IT administrator for an e-commerce site.)

Mark – A professor who is doing on the medical and social effects of drinking, smoking and drugs.

Tom – my diving instructor

Matt – Dive master (the one who monitors our weights and air levels.

I met these guys on a Saturday morning at 5.30, Matt was a lively guy who broke the ice and everyone became good friends and we joked about everything under sun.

Next post: Shore Dive!

5 comments:

Gunjan Aylawadi said...

diving!! :D
waow....sounds fun!! waitin fo d nxt two parts!!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

wow! That sound interesting , more so coz of the diverse group of people you had around .Waiting to read the other parts as well. Does it take only 3 days of training to get the license?

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Hey, I ve tagged you to list out five of your favourite link. Check out the details here.

Vasanthan said...

@gunj: it was more fun that it sounds. you should do it!

@Shalini: i was surprised at the divers group that i got. it made it more interesting.
It takes 4 days to get the license.

Thanks guys for showing interest, i will post my part 2 soon.

Vasanthan said...

@shalini : i will follow on the tag once i have finished posting the last part.