Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wobbegong sharks.

Before i post the final part of my diving trip here is some interesting information.

During my first dive in the sea tom was showing us some of the marine life in the sea. It was a wonder to see a school of fishes not swimming but just stationary facing the currents. it looked like a paused underwater video.That was because none of the fishes seemed like they were swimming. They just stood there against the currents.

That was when tom was showing us an octopus which was hiding beneath some corals.



I was just ½ a meter away from Tom when a Wobbegong shark swamps pass us. It was less than a meter away from me. Its length was slightly bigger then ½ a meter. Initially I thought it was a cat fish but looking at its dorsal fins I confirmed it was a shark. Initially I was not afraid because the way it look it ought it was one of those sharks which don have teeth I even wanted to touch it. Good thing I didn’t, cos I was wrong!

This is the jaw structure of a Wobbegong shark. I think the picture explains everything. For more details read about it in Wikipedia Here.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow- those are some scary looking teeth!

Livin' With Me

Vasanthan said...

@Melanie:yeah they are .. because they are pointing inwards, it becomes quite impossible to escape the grip. it scares me down my spine.

Thanks for Visiting Melanie!